New England DMR News - July 2015 8 years 9 months ago #610

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Mon 7/13/2015 12:57 PM

Several network enhancements recently that everyone should know about:

• AE1C has added 448.375 repeater to the Southboro site at 300' AGL. The 145.27 repeater is at same tower at 500' AGL.

• Southboro has added the SNE talk group. This is consistent with our philosophy of keeping "statewides" within states and overlapping "bordering state sites". Just like Northampton being dual band, so is Southboro. SNE is on Southboro with PTT access. It covers from Sturbridge and Southbridge into Boston and north to Lowell. Also on Rt 395 from Thompson/Webster north. It will be very handy for those traveling to the ARRL Boxboro Convention on August 21-23.

• We will also have an on-site VHF and UHF repeaters at the Convention, just awaiting coordination approval.

• DMR Forum at Boxboro at 12 NOON Saturday, August 22.

• Talk Group Sharing MOU. We have entered into an MOU with the EWARN network and will be carrying the NH Statewide TG (3133) on their NH sites (W. Ossipee, Wakefield, Rochester, Mt. Uncanoonuc) full-time and on Acton as a PTT activated Talk Group. Thanks to the c-Bridge configuration work of Mark, NO1A and Dave, KM3T, this is now operational!

• Future discussions will also evolve regarding the MA Statewide TG (3125).

• So UHF has come to Boston Metro West, Boston Waterfront, Hudson, Amherst and Mt. Washington, NH. See: dmr-marc.net/repeaters.html for frequencies, color codes and Talk Groups. Zoom In and Click the pin.

• Boston ARC has voted to convert their analog UHF repeater to DMR. Unfortunately, it has some digital issues and will be a costly repair/conversion. So remember to help support this project as part of our funding campaign. nedecn.org

• Several new sites in RI, Vermont and another NH Mtn site are racing toward DMR networking by September to beat snow and ice season!

• NETS: Tech Net on North America (TG3) Wednesday nights at 9 PM EDT, World Wide Net on WW (TG1) Saturdays at NOON EDT. TAC310 Net on Sundays at 8 PM.

I am sure there is more news that I have missed, just let me know!

Bill, NE1B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WA1SFH.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds