Winter Storm (12/13-15/2013) 10 years 4 months ago #351

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
On 13 Dec 2013, at 16:45 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Greetings!
Based on the current forecast, Connecticut will be impacted by a significant winter storm over the weekend. The Northwest hills are expected to have the greatest snow accumulations, while the Southeastern area will likely have snow depths reduced by a changeover to rain.
I am raising the CT ARES activation status to Level 1 Alert effective at 1800 (6:00 PM) EST this evening, Friday, 13 December 2013.
Please maintain good situational awareness as this storm develops by watching/listening to your preferred weather forecast sources.
Please be prepared to assist our Served Agencies (if requested) by ensuring your radio batteries are charged, vehicles and generators are fueled, etc.
The safety of you and your family should be your highest priority! Now is the time to make preparations to keep your family safe should you be asked to deploy.
I anticipate raising the activation status to Level 2 Standby tomorrow morning. Remember, you should NOT deploy without direction from the appropriate ARES or local official.
73, Wayne N1CLV
CT ARES - SEC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winter Storm (12/13-15/2013) 10 years 4 months ago #352

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Sat 12/14/2013 9:24 AM

Greetings!
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for all of Connecticut with the exception of Southern New London County.

Snowfall totals in excess of 12 inches are possible in some locations. Gusty winds and blowing snow are likely.

I am raising the CT ARES activation status to Level 2 Standby effective at 1100 EST this morning.

Please continue to prepare to assist our Served Agencies should the need arise.

Above all, stay safe!

73, Wayne N1CLV
CT ARES - SEC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WA1SFH.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds