TOPIC:

Winter Storm (Jan. 02-03, 2014) 10 years 4 months ago #355

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Greetings!
All of Connecticut is currently under a Winter Storm Warning. Based on the present forecast, we will be impacted by a significant winter storm over the next 36 hours. Extreme cold air in the region and converging low pressure systems will bring from 6-10 inches of snow across the entire state. Strong winds and dangerously cold wind chills are also expected.

I am raising the CT ARES activation status to Level 1 Alert effective at 1200 Noon EST today, Thursday, 2 January 2014.
Please maintain good situational awareness as this storm develops by watching/listening to your preferred weather forecast sources.

Please be prepared to assist our Served Agencies (if requested) by ensuring your radio batteries are charged, vehicles and generators are fueled, etc.

The safety of you and your family should be your highest priority! Now is the time to make preparations to keep your family safe should you be asked to deploy.

I anticipate raising the activation status to Level 2 Standby this evening. Remember, you should NOT deploy without direction from the appropriate ARES or local official.

Note: there were some issues with the Discussion email reflector yesterday. District Emergency Coordinators may need to forward this email to their respective membership lists if those issues persist.

73, Wayne N1CLV
CT ARES - SEC
Cell: 860-917-6472
Email: [email protected]
Communications is the link between problems and solutions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winter Storm (Jan. 02-03, 2014) 10 years 4 months ago #356

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Email #2 from Wayne (N1CLV)

Thu 1/2/2014 4:13 PM

Greetings!
A Winter Storm Warning continues in effect for all of Connecticut. Moderate to heavy snowfall is expected overnight. Snowfall totals of 6-10 inches are forecast.

Gusty winds and blowing snow are likely, with near blizzard conditions along the shoreline possible. Dangerously cold wind chills are expected.

I am raising the CT ARES activation status to Level 2 Standby effective at 2000 (8:00 PM) EST this evening, Thursday, 2 January 2014.

Please continue to prepare to assist our Served Agencies should the need arise. Remember, you should NOT deploy without direction from the appropriate ARES or local official.

Above all, stay safe!

73, Wayne N1CLV
CT ARES - SEC
Cell: 860-917-6472
Email: [email protected]
Communications is the link between problems and solutions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds