The Amateur Radio Public Service Handbook 10 years 11 months ago #215

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Book Review:
The Amateur Radio Public Service Handbook
- A Guide to Radio Communications for Community Events, Emergencies and Disasters.
(ARRL, First Edition 2012, List: $39.95 )

A couple of weeks ago I ordered ‘The Amateur Radio Public Service Handbook’ . www.arrl.org/shop/Amateur-Radio-Public-Service-Handbook/
This is a new ARRL publication, and I was curious to see if it was something I would want to recommend to our ARES TEAM members.

The ANSWER is an emphatic "YES!"
As I have been reading through the chapters, I have been very pleased with the range of topics covered, the way it is written and organization of the book itself.
What this book brings to the ARES Operator, is a solid presentation of the necessary practical concepts that each ARES TEAM member needs to know about. It also acts as a catalyst for operators to build some DIY projects (some easy, some advanced).

This book validates more than 99% of the information and concepts that I have been promoting in CT ARES – Region 2 over the last 1.5 years as DEC.

So, you ask, “What about the less than 1 %?
Answer: Minor disagreements with content due a few omissions and the selection of some examples.
But, then again, I do tend towards being “The Perfectionist”… not that I ever achieve it personally. LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom Line:
Buy the book and Read it!
- You’ll be glad you did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WA1SFH.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds