TOPIC:

9/21/13: Wallingford YMCA 10K/5K PSE 10 years 7 months ago #292

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Wallingford YMCA Public Service Event (PSE) - 9/21/13

A big round of applause to everybody who volunteered and came and help at yesterday's Wallingford YMCA 5K and 10K Event.
I would like to thank and recognize the following ARES Team members for their participation in making this PSE a success:
Gary (KB1AWI), Ellen (WA1WOA), Chris (WA1VXH),
Rich (WA1TRY), Sid (N1MVM), Ron (WZ1V), Paul (K1SEZ),
Jim (N1ZN), and Don (KE1AY).

Rich's truck with his Visual Display Timer.

The YMCA's Director of Operations recognizes the vital importance of the communications service ARES provides to this event. During the Awards ceremony he made a point to publicly recognize our PSE Team and the work we did - as both "Timers" along the courses and also for providing a vital safety net for the event.

A "posed" shot of Ellen (WA1WOA) at Rich's Truck and holding her "near mint" Yaesu FT-60R HT.

As always, lessons were learned on Saturday, and there will be a Review at the next monthly Region 2 Leadership "Plus" Meeting (Monday, Sept. 30th).
- Please send your observations and comments to me at: [email protected]

We also had an Amateur Radio Promotions "Tent" set up with a HF radio with a selection of brochures to hand out. Several people stopped by and expressed interest in getting licensed.
I was happy to see that 15m was active, and worked stations in Croatia, Brussels, Canada, South Carolina, and Florida.
Equipment employed:
- HF Transceiver: Icom 706 MkIIG (running about 50 watts)
- Power: Deep-Cycle Marine Battery (115 aHr. from Walmart),
- Antenna: 5 band vertical dipole (TransWorld - TW2010) fed with 50' of RG-8x coax.

Wind is picking up (note canopy and Banner at back)

Does that vest make me look fat? :whistle:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WA1SFH.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds