Angel Ride 2014 (May 24 & 25) 10 years 2 weeks ago #413

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Wed 4/16/2014

Greetings!

The 11th AngelRide will be held on Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday, 24 May and Sunday, 25 May 2014. This will be the seventh year that Amateur Radio has assisted with this immensely successful charity bicycle ride that benefits children with serious diseases (cancer, leukemia, etc). Last year the ride raised over $750K for the kids!

The Saturday ride starts in Norfolk at the Yale School of Music and goes east 85 miles to Ashford through CT ARES Regions 5, 3, and 4. The riders stay overnight at Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. The Sunday ride starts in Ashford and goes south 50 miles to Mystic, all in Region 4. Amateur Radio operators will deploy along the course to assist with event logistics and to enhance rider safety.

If you can help this year, please send an email to me at [email protected] indicating which day(s) you are available - thanx!

Also, for insurance and accountability purposes, you need to register at the AngelRide Volunteer website. Please follow this link and sign up for ARES on Saturday and/or Sunday:
www.angelride.org/volunteer/about-volunteering/

While volunteers are encouraged to also fundraise for the event, this is NOT a requirement.
- But, you will still need to to create a CrowdRise account for tracking purposes.

**** I (Douglas) just registered, and found one page rather confusing.
It shows THREE OPTIONS across the page on how to register.
I suggest that you choose the "FUNDRAISE AS AN INDIVIDUAL" option at the far RIGHT.
- This works even if you are not fundraising. :) [Doulgas - WA1SFH]****

Thanx for your support!!

73, Wayne N1CLV
CT ARES - SEC
Cell: 860-917-6472
Email: [email protected]
Communications is the link between problems and solutions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WA1SFH.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds