• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Jan. 17, 2014

ARES Data Comm Workshop – Jan 25th.

WHATCHA GONNA DO?
What are YOU going to do when your town loses its Internet service connections, and:

a) the Town EMD (Emergency Management Director) needs to send information to the Regional DEMHS office?

b) Shelters need to send detailed information to/from the EOC?
c) You need to quickly send a report/request to your CT ARES leadership (DEC, SEC, etc.)?

This IS a BIG DEAL in CT ARES, and it determines your ability to provide needed communications in a format acceptable to our “served agencies” (i.e. clients).

Are YOU Packet Radio ready?

Check list:
- Knowledge?
- Operating Skill?
- Equipment?

If not, then you need to be at the Guilford Fire Department on Saturday, Jan 25th (just 1 week away!).
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a “TNC” (or even know what that means), … JUST BE THERE.

With over 9 direct access points (i.e. “RMS Gateways”) scattered around the state, our CT ARES Team members (that’s you!) now have the ability to provide back-up data communications both to the Internet (and locally Peer To Peer) when no local Internet connection exists.

Come prepared to “Learn” and “Do” RMS Express … and send Emails Over The Air.
- This is FUN STUFF!

Reservations requested.
- Helps me know how many tables and chairs to set up.

More information and instructions at:
www.ctaresregion2.org/events/eventdetail...press?filter_reset=1

PS:
I have scheduled this workshop so that you will still have time to get back and participate in Winter Field Day. :-)

SEE YOU ON THE AIR!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WA1SFH.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds