• Page:

TOPIC:

The Roll-up J Pole Antenna 12 years 4 months ago #9

• WA1SFH
  • WA1SFH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
This is simple antenna to build and one that needs to be in your "Go-Kit" for Deployment.

Does someone have a link to instructions to build a dual-band (144/440 MHz) roll-up J Pole antenna?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WA1SFH.

Re: The Roll-up J Pole Antenna 12 years 2 months ago #50

• kb3ixo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I believe the best link that answers that question is: snovalleyarc.org/pdf/roll%20up%20J%20Pole.pdf

Also, check out: thisbluemarble.com/showthread.php?t=13374. Be sure to scroll down the screen to get to the diagram.

For those folks who want to buy this antenna, there were several sites selling them for $30. One of them is local: www.kb3kai.com/j-pole.php#photos.

It looks really easy to make.

Mike
KB3IXO

Last edit: by kb3ixo.

Re: The Roll-up J Pole Antenna 12 years 3 weeks ago #65

• kb3ixo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Everyone,

KB1WCO and I built a pair of these with some mixed results. The good news is that in spite of bad soldering, we did manage to get a signal through to the .505 repeater and I had a brief conversation with someone who answered call. The bad news is that our construction techniques have be worked on to get this antenna built correctly. Our SWR readings were off, and I believe it is a combination of my soldering, inprecise measurements, and a better platform to work on.

The good news is that 300 olm twin lead is cheap, so we will give it another go in the next few weeks. In the meantime we will look into improving some of the things I mentioned, and we are also going to improve our building skills with simpler antennas as well.

Mike
KB3IXO

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds